CXMB Series: 2019 Corporate Edition
COPC Inc., a global consulting firm that helps companies improve operations to transform the customer experience, and Execs In The Know have released the 2019 Corporate Edition of the Customer Experience Management Benchmark (CXMB) Series. The 15th biannual installment of the report, Corporate Insights: Understanding Corporate Strategies and Best Practices, has compiled relevant year-over-year insights, including the strategies, priorities, and day-to-day customer experience operations of some of the world’s largest and most successful global consumer brands.
This year’s research introduced various new questions to cover some of the most pressing issues concerning the CX industry, such as staffing, the utilization of “gig agents,” the deployment of universal agents, and corporate objectives of artificial intelligence deployment. The 2019 Consumer Edition also includes a section dedicated to comparing results with 2019’s Consumer Edition, released in September, as well as the latest Corporate Edition results. These unique comparisons give readers a one-of-a-kind look at the insights driving the decision-makers leading the CX industry.
Key insights from the 2019 CXMB Series Corporate Edition report include:
- 76% of survey respondents feel their organization generally does a good job of meeting customer needs and expectations – this is the lowest result since this question was first asked in 2014
- Only 40% of respondents indicated “Improve the Customer Experience” as their leadership’s top priority in the previous 12 months, down from 63% in 2017
- When asked what percentage of customer care engagements were occurring within each channel, 62% was the average response given for Traditional Care – the lowest average in 6 years of data
- In 2019, 22% of respondents said a percentage of their customer care budget was dedicated to AI-powered solutions, with an average dedication of 14% of budget, up from 6% in 2018
- The reported resolution rate for AI-powered solutions showed a dramatic increase year-over-year, with 27% of respondents indicating a resolution rate of 70% or better in 2019, up from 17% of respondents in 2018
The CXMB Series is a resource for customer care professionals looking to enhance their customer care program, improve brand opinion, and drive customer satisfaction. Since 2012, two reports have been published each year. These include Consumer and Corporate Editions.
By signing up/downloading this document, you agree to receive communications from Execs In The Know, LLC. located at 9396 W. Cashman Drive, Peoria, AZ 85383 (Data Administrator). I can withdraw my consent at any time. The data will be processed until the consent is withdrawn.